Are you an exporter, importer and or company that often requires efficient, safe and cost-effective transportation for your merchandise?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
Most businesses don’t have access to private shipping arrangements, and have to hire freight forwarding services. That’s where Ramsay Customs and Logistics comes in.
The freight forwarding industry is a dominant export and import transportation service provider for companies all over the world. So let’s break down what exactly a freight forwarder does.
Freight Forwarder defined
A Freight Forwarder is a business that acts as an intermediary between the manufacturer and the final destination for the goods via different transportation modes such as ocean, road, rail, or air freight.
Why use a Freight Forwarder?
Freight forwarders have built up trusted contacts with varying carriers and partners and are able to negotiate the most cost effective and efficient way to move goods from point A to point B.
- Advice on optimizing transport costs: freight charges, special documentation costs, customs clearance expenses, customs duty
- Cargo insurance: advantageous conditions at competitive premiums
- Advice for proper packaging, labeling, loading and stowage of merchandise
- Reports, custom performance reports and carbon footprint KPIs
- Tailored solutions for each project
- Supply chain optimization advice on the best means of transport and the best route for a shipment according to origin, nature of the merchandise, destination, seasonality, danger and urgency of the merchandise (air, sea, rail or road)
- Customs advice, from the appropriate tariff item for your merchandise to the necessary documents for customs clearance, dedicated storage and logistics services.
A good freight forwarding service acts as an intermediary between the manufacturer and the final destination for the goods via different transportation modes such as ocean, road, rail or air freight.
With many companies operating within the freight forwarding industry, choosing the right service provider can be quite challenging. A professional service provider should provide cost-effective and timely services. Contact Ramsay Customs and Logistics to discuss your freight forwarding and logistics needs today!
If you enjoyed reading this article, you may also like: Top Importing Mistakes to Avoid when Shipping Goods